Bite-sized facts to fuel your table talk!
DID YOU KNOW?
- Total Thanksgiving sales are expected to surpass $1 billion
- Thanksgiving is the busiest holiday of the year for grocery store chains
- 30% of Americas are expected to purchase their Thanksgiving meal online this year
- The average American will consume more than 4,500 calories on Thanksgiving Day
- The heaviest turkey ever raised was 86 pounds
- Deep fryer fires cause an average of 5 deaths, 60 injuries, and more than $15 million in property damage each year
- 20% of annual cranberry sales occur during the week of Thanksgiving
OUR ACCESS SURVEY SAYS...
- Our favorite Thanksgiving dessert is pumpkin pie, and favorite beverage is wine
- Our top traditions are eating together with family, playing and watching football, prayer, Black Friday shopping, & decorating the Christmas tree
- We are thankful for family, health during the pandemic, and employment
- 50% of our Access family will host their Thanksgiving meal
- We prefer white turkey meat 64% over dark turkey meat